11/20/06 (Monday): Is anybody out there?! I haven't seen any comments for a while. Maybe you've all given up on me.

We're doing fine. I got my cast off (yay!) and am going to physical therapy. There's not much pain, but it's very weak and it hurts to put any pressure on it. Hopefully I'll recover full use quickly. I'm very impatient (now that's a news flash!), and there's so much I want to do here that I haven't been able to do yet.

Wiley went fossil hunting again last week with Adam (our boss) and a visitor from Australia. I think we've created some more avid fossil hunters! I can't wait until I can paddle a canoe again so I can go. I love the Peace River. Plus we want to paddle Tiger Creek and Patrick Creek here in the Preserve.

I head out for Michigan early Wednesday morning. Mark and Heather are visiting, too, so we'll have a full house. I can't wait to visit with my grandkids again! Wiley is going to stay with his folks.

The eagles nests I've been monitoring are both occupied now, and I'm thoroughly enjoying checking on them. I think they're incubating eggs now, because there's always one bird on the nest. This morning I saw them switch off--one eagle flew in with a stick and settled on the nest and then the other one flew off. I tried to get a picture, but the nests are just too far away. Audubon has a really neat site if you'd like to visit and get an idea of what I'm doing: http://www.audubonofflorida.org/friendsoftheeagle/cam.html

Leave me some comments and let me know I've not just talking to myself!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not just talking to yourself, I'm reading everything! I especially enjoy the snippets of local info and the pictures. I'm jealous of the lifestyle you've built for yourself...

Love,
Tom

Julie said...

Just signed in. We are here in Maryland, having enjoyed a great Thanksgiving meal. Will catch up on your blogs now. Never fear! We're all here!!!

Joyce and Wiley said...

Good--I'm glad you're still out there. I'm going to try to do a post tomorrow. As many of you know, we had a rough Thanksgiving. My 4-month-old granddaughter, Claire, was in the hospital with a very serious infection. I stayed a few days longer than I intended to take care of the other grandchildren. Thank goodness my other son and him family were there, too--it was very stressful. Fortunately, Claire is fine now. My mother-in-law has surgery tomorrow and I'll be there with my sister-in-law.

Julie said...

You and your family are in our prayers. We hope all goes well for your mother-in-law and we're glad to hear little Claire is back home with her family.

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!