7/5/07 (Thursday): Wow--what a crazy week and a half! The campground's WiFi has been down, so I had no internet access. It was also down in the office/store where I spend most of my working hours. That was really the pits on a holiday weekend, because the computers are used to take reservations, register campers and as cash registers for store sales! We got through it, though, and everyone is still friends.

There were some other problems, too. We had to go buy a new phone because the kind of cell phone we had won't work any more due to some government regulation about tracking phone calls (due to 911). That was a huge hassle--I won't go into detail, but what a pain in the neck!

Then we had a bad storm in the middle of the night (7/4) and it blew down our awning, trapping us in the RV. We're waiting for the insurance adjuster now--we have a $500 deductible, so I suspect we'll be out at least that much. Plus the camper looks awful right now, and we're sitting in a very prominent spot in the campground, so I know the owners want us to take down the remnants soon!

To top it all off, the campground store was robbed last night! So this morning was chaotic--trying to do business as usual and not alarm the campers while a police officer took pictures in the store. I feel very bad for the owners--they're so pleasant and generous! They had activities for the kids all day yesterday. We're still having a great time working here.

I'm going to download some pics of the fun time we had when my son and his family visited last weekend and I'll post them on another blog soon. I just wanted to let everyone know what's been going on and why I haven't posted lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was speaking to Joyce today and she wanted me to let you all know her computer is down. She'll be back on line as soon as she can get her computer working.
Mag

Julie said...

Oh my, Joyce and Wiley. Those are the kinds of weeks one can do without. Just know we miss you and hope things can be "normalized" very quickly. We had a quiet 4th, watching TV -- first the Nation's capital concert with fireworks and then Boston's concert and fireworks. It suited us just fine -- sitting on our fannies, feet up, munching on goodies while watching the shows! Boy, have we ever changed.

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!