4-22-08 (Tuesday): Well, despite the fact that no one commented on my last blog - :( - here's another one! We just crossed the border into NC. Tomorrow we'll be at our new home in Boone. We've had an uneventful trip so far.

We enjoyed a busy and happy week with Wiley's family in Winter Park, FL, last week. Thanks for having us, Wiley and Mag! We enjoyed visiting with friends and family--did something every day!
Wiley did a few chores for his Mom, including sanding and painting the porch railing. Doesn't he look like the worker from outer space?!
Wiley's cousin, Darcie, and her three kids visited one day. They had a great time playing with Muffin. Muffin belongs to Katelyn, Wiley's niece.
Mag has a gorgeous tree in her side yard. It's called a "tabebuia," and it has yellow, trumpet shaped flowers all over it. When the blossoms fall to the ground, it looks like a Gauguin painting. Gorgeous!

Mag and Wiley had other visitors while we were there. They were "parked" in the garage. I'm not sure what kind of baby birds these are (and the picture is a little fuzzy), but I'd like to find out what they are. If anyone recognizes them, let me know! There's a wren that hangs out in the driveway, but those yellow feathers don't look much like a wren!

I'm going to call it quits now. The WiFi connection here is a bit tenuous. I'll blog again soon from our new home.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Darcie's daughter with the adorable "armful of cuddles" is wonderful. Alien Wiley was a sight to behold, too!

I guess we didn't comment on the last blog because we couldn't open the photos larger. I think some of us did e-mail you about it. I guess I thought you were going to redo them (ha ha) so I just waited. Well, I had to come up with some kind of an excuse.

Joyce and Wiley said...

An "armful of cuddles" is definitely a great description of Muffin! I think the problem with not being able to enlarge the photos had to do with Mag's photo software. I was able to open the photos on this blog.

Turtle Class said...

I can't really see the birds too well, where was the yellow on them?
Glad we got to see you all

Joyce and Wiley said...

I checked on the web and I think the baby birds were house wrens (they have yellow feathers beside their bills). The picture was blurry because I had to hold the camera above my head to take it. I wish everyone could have seen them--they were too cute!

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!