2/28/09 (Saturday): Well, I didn't intend to do a blog today, but we had such fun with our friend, Troy, that I wanted to share it with you.

We left the campground early to drive to Apopka for breakfast with Troy. On the way, I just had to pull over and take this shot of a big old gobbler courting 12 hens! (I couldn't get him to turn around for this photo.)

After a scrumptious breakfast at Barnhills, we took a drive along Lake Apopka, stopping at a couple of parks along the way.

Troy spotted this eagle in a dead tree beside the road. I guess it was just a good day for the birds.

Wiley's gone off fishing and dinner's in the crock pot, so I've got the rest of the day off. Think I'll take a walk.

Life's not great right now, but it's pretty good, and I'll settle for that.

Be healthy.

3 comments:

Joyce and Wiley said...

I guess Southern turkeys aren't shy--they like to get out and enjoy life! These guys didn't even move out of the way when I pulled off on the shoulder to take their picture!

Anonymous said...

Not to be too much of a know-it-all but our turkeys are feral not truly wild. At one time they or their ancestors were farm stock. They were either abandoned or escaped from the old homestead. Not to worry, they become plenty wary and wild after being shot at. Troy

Joyce and Wiley said...

I didn't know that, Troy! That explains a lot. We've seen them everywhere we've gone in FL, often just walking around like farm stock!

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!