2/2/12 (Thursday):  We're in Ojai, California, right now, visiting my sister and her family.  We had a great flight -- everyone was very kind and we never lacked for assistance with the wheelchair and carry-on luggage.  I've heard lots of negative chatter about flying, but I must say that Delta came through for us (although charging $25 for checking a bag seems excessive to me).
We had a wonderful day yesterday with my sister and brother-in-law. I took a walk in the hills behind the house in the morning. Saw two scrub jays (cousins of the FL scrub jay, but look very similar). My legs are a little sore this morning -- it ain't flatlands here! In the afternoon we took a short cruise on their sailboat. They've fixed it up really cute and I was impressed by Jim's sailing ability. Jan's a good pupil. Then we visited my nephew in his new (to him) RV, parked right on the Pacific. Today we're going to Lake Piru, where we spent the winter of '08-09. Tomorrow we head for New Zealand!
 I haven't downloaded any pictures yet, but I'll try to do that this evening.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!