2/14/07 (Wednesday): Happy Valentine's Day! I'm way behind in my blogging, so I'll just jump right in. We're having a great time, as usual, both at work and on our days off.

We spent last weekend with Wiley's folks. We celebrated our anniversary, his parents' anniversary and my birthday with a meal at a Mexican restaurant that's a Winter Park landmark. People have written with markers on every available surface. There was a group there drinking margueritas and making bets on things like who'd stand up from a particular table next and whether the next person in the door would be a man or a woman!

Katelyn's Girl Scout troop sold cookies over the weekend. I'm already done with my first box. Those things should be outlawed--they're way too good!






On Sunday, my mother-in-law treated me and Katelyn to a cruise on the Winter Park lakes. It's a cool way to spend an hour. The little pontoon boats cruise around three lakes that are connected by canals and you get to view the wildlife and see lots of neat mansions. The college that I graduated from (Rollins) is on Lake Virginia and I got to see it from an angle I'd never seen before.












I've been doing a lot of work in the office lately, organizing supply cabinets and setting up databases, so it was a pleasure to go out eagle watching today. We have two nests that are active and three that are not. There are 2 eaglets on one nest and I think there are eggs in the other.

That's it for this time. Peace!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm curious about something -- on the first eagle shot, the nest looks huge. Just how large is the nest? I'm thinking those babies are still fairly small if I look at that nest -- or are eagle's nest very large?

I, too, think Girl Scout cookies should be banned. John and I hit those coconut goodies. They never lasted past the second day.

Joyce and Wiley said...

Eagle's nests are very large. I'd estimate the one in the picture is probably 6-8' across (it's hard to say for sure because the nest is up so high in the tree). The babies in the picture are about 6 weeks old. They are now jumping up and down in the nest and will probably fledge in the next week or two.

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!