11/19/07 (Monday): I'm trying something new (again!) in this blog. If I do it right, you should be viewing a slideshow of Piru, Fillmore and Santa Paula scenes in the sidebar. Let me know if you like it!

Not a lot to talk about tonight. Yesterday was Wiley's 51st birthday and we went out to dinner with the other two Workamper couples. We had a very pleasant evening.

On Saturday, I got a call from my sister. She and her husband, Jim, were in Ojai at Jim's mother's house. Ojai is about 45 minutes from here. Since Jim had some work to do for his mother and Wiley wanted to go fishing, we arranged to meet at the Ventura pier. Wiley stayed on the pier to fish, Jim bought some stuff at the hardware store and went back to Ojai to work on his Mom's house, and Jan and I came back to Lake Piru. We had a wonderful afternoon--took a tour of the campground in the golf cart, crocheted, and talked and talked and talked! We picked Wiley up and drove Jan back to Ojai where we had pizza with Jim's mother (95 years young). It's so great to be able to have my sister drop in. She's lived overseas or across the country from me for so long.

Wiley and I worked today, then drove into Thousand Oaks, a big town across the mountains from us. It's where the Reagan Presidential Library is. We just needed to get some repairs made to our cell phone, get an oil change and explore a little. It was fun, but the traffic was horrendous (it's very close to Los Angeles). We might go back sometime and take a look at the Presidential Library.

Tomorrow we meet Jan and Jim and go to Santa Barbara and Solvang to explore. On Wednesday, Wiley and I catch a train to Emeryville to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with Mark and his family. I hope everyone has a great holiday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to see Jan and Jim. Please give them our best regards. We are going to Raleigh to share Thanksgiving with some of Ginny's family. Sorry to say, no pictures showed up on this blog.

Art

Anonymous said...

I don't see the slideshow either. It has to be wonderful being near family. Have a good turkey day!

Joyce and Wiley said...

Darn--I don't see the slideshow either. While I'm here with my son the computer geek, I'll get his expert help!

Julie said...

Belated birthday greetings, Wiley. Wouldn't it be interesting to know where one was each year of one's birthday?

Once I figured out how to view your photos enlarged, I like it better than before because I can go through all your photos, enlarged, in order, without having to keep going back to your blog photo to click on it, then back to enlarge it again, etc. Yes, I like it better. (Maybe I just didn't know how to view the old version any other way!)

In the Fillmore City Hall photo, what are those four large pink roses in the background?They can't be real?? Also, what kind of fruit is Wiley holding or standing near -- the green and white melons? Is that what they are?

Can't wait to see Mark and his family -- the Thanksgiving photos. We had gorgeous weather here in Burke, Virginia, for our Thanksgiving.

Julie said...

Well I saw the slide show! Love it! Maybe Mark fixed it before I got to see it. What's planted in the field with the John Deere tractor?

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!