7/12/08 (Saturday): Good evening all--and it's a beautiful one here in Boone! We worked until 2 PM today and then went fishing (well, I took Wiley fishing, anyhow). We had a lovely dinner of Wiley's home grown squash, mashed sweet potatoes and sloppy joes. Yummy! Then we listened for a while to some bluegrass music under the trees outside the camp store. Now we're relaxing in front of the TV.

I just found the photos I thought I'd lost--they were just mislabeled. While Mag and Wiley were hee, we packed a picnic lunch and went to Grandfather Mountain. While Mag and Wiley observed from the parking lot below, David, Katelyn, Wiley and I climbed a bunch of stairs and crossed the mile-high bridge. The weather was gorgeous nd the view magnificent.

I'm not sure what the honeymooners were up to while we were crossing the bridge, but they sure looked happy when we got back!

The watermelon I brought on the picnic was really delicious.

But we didn't let it spoil our appetite for dinner at Mountain House Inn. We celebrated Mag's birthday a little early with a lovely meal at one of our favorite restaurants.

A good time was had by all--and we look forward to many more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Papa and I are holding on to each other. Happy to still be together after 52 years. :-)
Mag

Julie said...

That's a good photo of Mag and Wiley Sr. Congrats to them on the 52 years! They even look happy!

Good shot of the kids, too. (I hope they don't mind being called kids -- at 69, to me they are kids). We've also been having very delicious watermelons.

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!