8/1/08 (Friday): We've warmed up some here in Boone, but it's still a lot cooler than off the mountain. Everyone who comes up here comments about our lovely weather. We've had a little more rain, but we're still down about 2 inches for the summer (4 inches for the year). It's just lovely to sit outside in the late afternoon and watch the kids playing hide and seek and people relaxing and having a good time.

Wiley and I just finished some renovations on a small RV that the campground rents out. We put down some indoor/outdoor carpet and made some minor repairs. It looks really great! Now some of our seasonal guests are asking whether we'd like to help renovate their units! In exchange for our work (which we did on our days off), Garry is letting us use the RV for Julie and John when they come to visit. This is Garry having some lunch with two regular visitors to our campground, Mackenzie and Billie. They helped me and Wiley finish the job on the carpet.

I'm heading for a visit with Mark and his family on Sunday morning. I'll be back late Thursday afternoon, and Julie and John's visit starts that weekend.

On our last days off, we went to New River State Park. Wiley fished and I took a short hike and took some photos. The wildflowers and butterflies are everywhere!


I hope everyone is having a good summer. I'll blog again when I get back from California.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Gary for sharing. Julie that is where Wiley the kids and I stayed, It was very confortable. The folks are folksy and the cows and goats are also. We have good memories and the children are still talking about their trip to NC. They should start charging, for summer camp.Have fun :-)

Julie said...

Mag, we can't wait. It's just too hot here right now. It seems we will be needing warmer clothes for our venture to NC.

Joyce, I love that fantastic butterfly. Gorgeous. The phlox aren't bad either! Have a safe trip and we'll see you next Sunday evening. And Wiley, we'll be praying for lots of biting fish.

Anonymous said...

The weather was beautiful. Several nights we had the heat on.That was about a month ago.

Joyce and Wiley said...

They're having a warm week in Boone this week--all the way up to the mid 80's! But there's almost always a nice breeze and it cools down a lot at night. If we get too warm, we'll float around in the swimming pool (which I haven't even been in yet). Or we can have a picnic beside a waterfall.

I'm having a great time in California already. I arrived around 3 PM (CA time) and got caught up on all the boys' news. Then we went for a walk in the hills behind their house. The view from the top was breathtaking. I wish I had remembered to take my camera. We had Chinese take-out for dinner.

Today is swim team practice for the boys and then we're going to a local lake for a walk. Tomorrow we're going camping at a big park where we'll hike and go to the beach.

This is a great break for me (although I didn't really need a break) and it's wonderful to visit with my family. I should have lots to blog about when I get back.

Anonymous said...

You want to take a picture of Moo Goo Gai Pan? Troy

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!