10/9/08 (Thursday): Autumn is falling on Boone! About a third of the leaves in the high country have changed, but when you go down the mountain, it's still pretty green. Here are some pictures we took today on a (rainy) drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway after work.





Gorgeous, isn't it?! We've also got some great color going right here in the campground. Here's a shot from our front patio.We had two little adventures last week. We went to Hiddenite, NC, and sifted the creek for gems. It's pretty amazing--you get some beautiful stones in just about every sifter! I'm in the process of identifying what we found and I'll post some pictures another time.

We also took a drive into Tennessee and enjoyed some great autumn scenery.

This is the Toe River (really!). The road followed along its banks for a ways. Very peaceful.


Look closely and you'll see that these folks have lined their whole driveway with pumpkins!

When I was a kid, we used to see barns all over Southern Maryland with tobacco hanging to cure. I haven't seen that since then until we passed this small barn with tobacco hanging in it. Brought back some great memories!

And that's a wrap for another great adventure!

8 comments:

Turtle Class said...

Wow...these pictures make me SO jealous. Beautiful

Anonymous said...

I'll join the #1 comment and make that two jealous people.
As the song said, These Are A few Of My Favorite Things.
Mag

Darcie said...

Sorry for my comment as the dolphin class...its just me. Trying to do too many things at once I guess

Anonymous said...

You guys are in a living palette. Such a flood of color makes my head spin. The pictures of the short trip brought tears of nostalgia to these rheumy old eyes. I looked for an farm couple to be saying Howdy! you all come on in this house. You did wise in reenlisting for there. Troy

Julie said...

Breathtaking! Gorgeous! Beautiful! Talk about being jealous. Wiley, who is eating all that fish you are catching? Guess now I'll change my wallpaper picture on my laptop from your silent stream one to an autumn shot.

Joyce and Wiley said...

Oops--Julie indicated in an e-mail to me that my pics are big again. I don't know how I keep doing that. I took some more shots today, so they'll probably be too big as well. I'll adjust the camera again. Sorry!

wenche said...

Im enjoying your blog:)The picutes are wonderful!
big hug to you fram Wenche and family in Norway:):)

Joyce and Wiley said...

Hi Wenche! It's good to hear from you. Have you had your summer vacation yet? If you send me some pictures, I'd love to share them on my blog so that everyone will get to see my Norwegian family!

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!