1/10/09 (Saturday): It's been a long time since I posted, I know. I've spoken with many of my readers, but for those of you that I haven't contacted yet, I wanted to share a little news. I was sick over Christmas with a cold that turned into pleurisy. One of the tests they did in the emergency revealed a nodule on my right lung. I'm in the process of having some more tests run and will keep everyone updated. We also discovered during Wiley's routine visit with the neurologist that the battery for his deep brain stimulator has gone dead. He needs outpatient surgery to replace it.

In light of all these doctor's visits, we decided that it wouldn't be fair to the good folks at Gold Head Branch State Park to continue there as volunteers. They're very dependent on their volunteers. Also, it's a 3-hour ride from there to the Orlando area. So we finished up our week there and moved to a park closer to Orlando where we're paying for two months. Then we hope we'll be able to go back to Boone as originally planned.

Blogs may be few and far between for a while, but I promise I'll get back to it as soon as I can. I'll post again when I have a better idea of the whole health thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce & Wiley,
Sorry to hear you are going through a trying time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Let us know how things are going when you have a chance.
Gary & Carol Byrd
workampers@sbcglobal.net

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!