9/6/09 (Sunday): I don't have long--Kristin and the girls are at church and I'm using Tom's computer to give everyone a quick update. When they get back, we're going to the botanic gardens. They're having a celebration for the holiday weekend and we'll enjoy a long walk with the girls.

This has been some really special time for me. I haven't seen my granddaughters in a year. They've grown up so much! Friday night is pizza and family movie night for Tom's family. Kristin makes frozen pizzas, they spread a quilt on the floor and everyone eats in front of the TV movie (TV is not on very often in this house). Then we made our own ice cream sundaes with a variety of toppings for dessert. The girls talked about movie night all day! It was really fun.

On Saturday Tom, Kristin and Wiley weeded and mulched all the flower beds. I stayed inside and did arts and crafts with the girls. Everyone was exhausted, but we enjoyed it a lot. Kristin had a variety of yummy breads, cheeses, olives and some home grown tomatoes for dinner. Wiley and I stopped on the way home for ice cream. Kristin says she's cooking steak for Wiley tonight to thank him for all his hard work.

That's about it for now. We've got some fun in our lives again!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Joyce, your blogs (I've been reading them backwards from the latest to this one) and e-mails definitely have a more upbeat tone in them! I, too, am so glad my prayers have been answered. I'm looking forward to the fantastic time you will be having in the months ahead.

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!