7/9/10 (Friday):  I've been having a lot of trouble with blogger.com.  It won't let me do a new post.  I'm trying a workaround now.  Hope it works.

The trip up took about 20 hours altogether.  Boring highway for the most part, but check out what passed us on the way!
















At a rest stop, we watched this little sparrow feeding two babies.










We also saw this interesting truck at the same rest area.











We're in a nice family campground in Chincoteague, Virginia now.  We have a view over the marsh of the Chincoteague lighthouse.










It looks like I'm finally able to blog again, so I'm going to download some photos and get caught up.  But right now I have to go pick up Uncle Wiley and Katelyn at the bridge where they're crabbing.  The next blog will be about our tour of the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge and our boat trip to Tangier Island.  Wish you could all be here with us!

5 comments:

Mark Leone said...

Wow, that's quite a cow! Looks like a fun road trip. We're taking a long weekend. It's rather spur of the moment, so we haven't made any plans, but I think we'll take the ferry to the South Island and explore a little.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you are glad to be on the road again! I'm looking forward to the next blog. I like the new look of your blog site, with a background image of palm trees.

- Tom

Joyce and Wiley said...

South Island sounds like fun, Mark! What are you up to, Tom?

Julie said...

You managed to get more great photos just cruising along boring highways than most of us get planning ahead to take photos and not getting much!

The marsh with the background lighthouse brought back so many memories. If I remember correctly, can't you see ponies from the Maddox Campground? We used to ride bicycle every morning passing that campground heading for the beach. I spent many summers around Chincoteague.

Now I'm waiting to see what you will come up with -- near the beach is a walk-through marshy area and in all the times we strolled through that area, we never saw a single bird (excluding typical gulls) in the area. Ponies would not be in that area; only probably small animals and/or birds!

Joyce and Wiley said...

They've now fenced off parts of the refuge in an effort to keep the ponies away from people--too many dumb tourists getting themselves hurt. But we saw lots of horses on our tour of the refuge. If I can get blogger.com to cooperate, I'll try to get some posted today.

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!