1/31/07 (Wednesday): We had a really nice weekend in Winter Park with Wiley's family. I had routine doctor's appointments on Friday and Monday, and we had an appointment with the realtor on Saturday. We've listed the house for sale! We were quite pleased with the price the realtor thinks we can get for it. We have some concern that our current tenant might not cooperate with allowing us to show the house, but we came up with some incentives that we hope will ensure his cooperation. And even if he makes trouble for us, his lease runs out in April.

Mag's computer bit the dust on Saturday, so we've ordered a new one for her. It's amazing how dependent we've all become on computers, isn't it? Who would ever have thought that even we senior citizens would find them necessary parts of our everyday life?!

On Sunday we went back to Lyonia Preserve (where we saw the scrub jays on Christmas Eve) so that Mag could have the same experience.




















We had a great time on a cool, gray day!

Today I went out with my friend, Dot, to monitor the eagles' nests on the Preserve. We now have 4 nests, but we've never seen any activity on one of them (the new one that I discovered). One of the nests has two young, one has two adults who probably have either eggs or young because they stay close to the nest. One of the nests that had two adults who seemed to be incubating eggs has not had eagles on it my past four visits, although Wiley saw two adults on the nest yesterday. We're hoping they didn't lose their eggs/young. We should be seeing young by now. We've also seen two juveniles near one of the nests. You can tell they're juveniles because they don't have white heads or tails yet. They're very big and have the characteristic big yellow bill.

Here's a picture I took today. This adult was quite visible, and when it flew away, we were very surprised to see another adult in the nest. Usually you see only one on the nest and maybe another nearby.

Remember the pictures of lupine that I posted from Maine in early spring? Imagine my surprise when Dot told me she'd seen some on the trail! We went to have a look, and sure enough, there's a lot of it. It's early this year--the weather has been so warm.

That's all for today. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm going to be sure I'm wearing a hat when we see the scrub jays!!! I'm so glad I could see the eagle and I must say, it looks like an eagle. I remember that moose (dark blob) you both saw along the lake in Maine. Yeah, right. Since you told me it was a moose, I then could use my imagination to also "see" that moose. [Grin] The only problem yet is the photos are extra large and take forever to open. I don't have wireless yet but I see where I'm going to have to get it.

Joyce and Wiley said...

I switched the photos to medium size, but I guess I'm going to have to start using small, because I'm having the same trouble with them taking a long time to load and being too big to see when you click on them. The blog site has changed some.

Joyce and Wiley said...

My favorite is seeing the babies--which has only happened once so far. They put on a pound once every 4-5 days!!

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!