9/3/07 (Monday): Greetings from the cool and beautiful northland! We've had delightful weather for the last couple of weeks. It's been in the mid-70's every day and down into the 50's at night. Yesterday was my last day of work. The campground was completely full for the Labor Day weekend, but now everyone is pulling out. Our next registered campers aren't until 9/6, and then it's only two families. Wiley will work for about 2 more weeks doing some landscaping and lake cleaning, then we'll probably fly to Orlando for a week or so.

My digital camera died, and I bought a new one. Now you'll have to bear with me while I figure out how to set everything up correctly again. I just reviewed this blog after posting it, and I realized that the pictures are too big. I'll adjust that before my next posting.

We've had an offer in California! We're not making a final decision until the end of this week. We put out about 25 resumes to places all over the country and we want to be open to any other offers that come through. The offer is from Lake Piru, which is in the southern end of the Los Padres National Forest. We'd work 20 hours for a full hookup site, and there's lots of flexibility in the schedule. The downside is that it's about 300 miles from Mark and Heather. But on the upside, it's only 30 miles from the coast and it's gorgeous country. We're also waiting to hear from a commercial campground that's between San Francisco and Sacramento, a little closer to Mark and Heather. That would be a paid position, and the area looks pretty nice. We'll see--we'll make a decision later this week.

Last week we went to Tom and Kristin's for our two days off. We stopped for breakfast at a little place in South Muskegon. It had this really cool trophy room with specimens collected by the owner from all over the world.















We had a good time playing with the girls. They have this tent thing set up in the living room with tunnels and different rooms. All three girls enjoyed it. Granny watched all three girls Tuesday night while Mom and Dad were out. We managed to get teeth brushed, jammies on, stories told and songs sung by bedtime, but I'll tell you, it really makes you appreciate the work involved in parenting!





We took a back way home and saw some great scenery. Michigan is full of great old barns. There were lots and lots of soybean and corn fields, but this was the only field of sunflowers that we saw. It had to have been 10-15 acres of blooms, all facing the same way. Reminded me of some of Van Gogh's paintings.



We stopped for an early supper at this little diner. It was actually three old train cars--one was a diner, one was a bar, and one had bathrooms and the kitchen in it. Cool!








Last night after work we went back to our favorite spot, the canal between Lake Michigan and Lake Muskegon. I walked the beach while Wiley fished, and then we enjoyed a great sunset together. I love my life!

5 comments:

Julie said...

The canal photo is beautiful. It's a shame I can't reduce it to fit on one screen. Is there any way to do that? We're all hoping your next Workamper adventure will be your best ever, no matter where it will be.

Joyce and Wiley said...

I'll reduce it and email it to you. I still haven't figured out how to re-set the camera!

Julie said...

I was just perusing some of your old blogs. That Garfield House with the old car is really quite something, isn't it? So many little nooks and crannies -- wouldn't your grandkids love playing in that place.

My cousin whom we just visited in New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, lives adjacent to a large farm (she lives on a farm, too). There were fields of soybeans and corn everywhere. She told us that a few years ago the farmer had put in a field of sunflower seeds. The problem for her was every time she wanted to sit outside on her unscreened porch, hundreds of bees kept flying around. She said I couldn't imagine how many bees a field of sunflowers could bring. I know I always thought "how beautiful" it was but bees never entered my thoughts!

Joyce and Wiley said...

I never thought about bees either. Of course, I pass dairy farms and admire the pastoral scene of cows grazing contentedly in green meadows and never think about the cow piles either!

Anonymous said...

Lake Piru looks great, good luck in whatever you choose.
Uncle Ed &Theresa

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!