8/28/07 (Thursday): Nothing special to report today. I just got back some photos from our trip to Grand Haven a couple of weeks ago. My battery got low, so I bought a disposable camera. I thought you might like to see some of those photos. This is us in front of the store. The President's Award is pretty prestigious. It's awarded based on a number of factors, including cleanliness, friendliness of staff, level of business, etc. We're proud to work at one of the nicest KOA's around. It'll look really good on our resume!



This is all of our Workampers except Al, who was taking the photo. From left to right: Claude, Steve (one of the owners), Maryanne, Ralph, Debbie (the other owner), me, JoAnne (Ralph and JoAnne live offsite), Wiley, Carol and Gary. Actually, it's not all of them. We have a night security guy (also named Gary).











This is the Grand Haven Pier and lighthouse. Julie - that photo you liked of Lake Huron where there were scallops along the edge? that was taken from this pier and the scallops were the edge of the pier. You can see the lighthouse in the mist at the very end of the pier. I walked all the way out!

That's it for this time. I had to get a new camera because the old one died a couple of days ago. I've taken some pics with it that I'll put on the next blog.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Joyce, did you actually plan that lighthouse photo as detailed as it came out -- when we look at it enlarged, how neat that you captured two lighthouses in your picture. Now that old shoe on the beach -- I'm really surprised that either you or Wiley weren't down there with a trash bag! Yes, I see the scallops.

Wiley, I wonder what "treasures" you have in those pockets of yours. Yes, I noticed the coke at your feet [smile]. Those are really great photos of the both of you.

We just spent a day at Longwood Gardens (DuPont) in Pennsylvania with an evening fireworks show to rival Washington D.C.'s July 4th display. Below the fireworks hundreds of water fountains were dancing to the music and changing colors - esp. red, white and blue. Even the fireworks were set off to classical music numbers. What a wonderful day and evening we had together with my sister and her two sons and their ladies.

Joyce and Wiley said...

Yes, I planned the lighthouse picture to include the lighthouse at the end of the pier and the green and white channel marker under the arches. The only thing I couldn't control was the people on the beach (strangers)! I may go back and crop them out.

Every time I do laundry I find fishing lures, sinkers, and assorted other "treasures" in Wiley's pockets. It's like having young kids all over again!

Longwood Gardens sound wonderful. We had fireworks here in our campground last night--the second show since 4th of July. The owner has a friend who's a professional, so it was a good show. We sat on our patio and watched it over the lake. Nice!

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!