3/17/08 (Monday): Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Everyone enjoyed my wildflower pics so much that I thought I'd post a few mor
e.
(This one isn't a flower, but I couldn't resist showing you my favorite rock. I call him "Bozo.")Wiley and I met my sister and her husband in Santa Barbara on Saturday. What a gorgeous city! On the way up, we saw acres and acres of avacado trees. No wonder they only cost a quarter apiece here! (And they taste wonderful!)









We wandered around the city a little. There are lots of little pedestrian only streets (called paseos) with interesting shops. The one we walked on had many interesting sculptures. They looked like real people! Ben and I had a fascinating conversation (but I think his mind was wandering and he was concentrating on something else sometimes).








After a lovely picnic lunch on the lawn of the Santa Barbara Mission, we went to the museum of natural history. I was fascinated by the Chumash baskets. They were beautifully and artistically woven, and were so tight that they could be used for boiling food. Wiley enjoyed the fossil exhibit, including the fossilized skeleton of a pygmy mammoth that was found at the La Brea Tar Pits.



We drove back along the Pacific Coast Highway, admiring the Pacific and the hillsides covered with wildflowers. Do we have great weekends, or what?!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hi from Ocala, I have been using your wildflower shot from your blog of the 11th as my wallpaper; however, now I'll just have to rotate the beautiful pictures. I will one day have to see the gorgeous panorama that seems to be everywhere in your area at this time of the year. I also hope one day to see the desert in full bloom -- I'm told that, too, is a wonder to behold.

Now, as to you and Ben, he's just not accustomed to such an aggressive lady. Imagine being all over the guy and especially in public!

I can remember seeing fields full of flowers on several occasions only -- on my grandfather's farm, every spring he had a field behind his barn that bloomed full of bluebells as far as the eye could see. I've also seen fields of sunflowers. However, I've never seen mountains of beauty such as your photos show.

All I can say is more! More! More! Am loving it. Be sure to give us a schedule of your departure from Piru. How time has flown.

Joyce and Wiley said...

It really is breathtakingly beautiful here for the past couple of weeks. I hope everyone will get to see it someday.

My son, Mark, and his family are coming to visit next Monday for 5 days (I have 4 of those days off work). It's my grandson, Austin's, 8th birthday on the 25th. We're going to Disneyland and having all kinds of fun. I'm really looking forward to it.

We leave here on Monday the 30th. Our first stop on the way East will be the Grand Canyon train tour that I mentioned in an earlier blog.

Darcie said...

Can't get over that Bozo rock...too funny. Flowers are beautiful. Hope you have a safe trip back can't wait to hear about it

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!