3/3/08 (Monday): Hi--I'm back! Sorry it's been so long since my last blog. I had an opportunity to use a free ticket, and I made a trip to Michigan to see my grandkids. I had a great time!

Before I talk about my visit, though, I want to alert everyone to some changes I've made to the way you can comment on my blog. I've noticed quite a bit of spam lately, some of which I've been unable to delete for some reason. So I've added a feature that will require you to type in the letters you see on the screen before you post your comments. This should eliminate the spam, which is generated automatically to long lists of people. If anyone has any problems with this, let me know, and I'll explain it in more detail. And in the meantime, don't click on the links in any comments unless you recognize the name of the poster!

Okay--on to my family visit. I flew out on the 26th and just got back yesterday. There were several inches of snow on the ground and we had two more storms while I was there. It was beautiful, but VERY cold!







I didn't do much--just played with my grands and visited with my son and Kristin--but it was a really special visit. It seemed like a long time since I'd seen them last, and they've grown up a lot. Claire (18 months) was just learning to walk when I saw her last and now she's running and climbing with the big girls.

Unfortunately, in addition to bringing back some wonderful memories, I also brought back a bad sore throat. Oh well, this too shall pass. I'd do it all again even if I'd known I'd catch a cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll try once more. My first comment was wiped out. As I was saying - that mirror photo was one of a kind. Really unique. The coloring looked likr an artist had done it by hand. This was surely not your outdoor camera, tho it has done yeoman duty lord knows.
I do hope the sniffles are now a distant soggy mrmory. Troy

Joyce and Wiley said...

Hi Troy! Sorry you lost your first posting. I kind of liked the mirror photo, too. I used my only camera. It was night and I didn't use a flash, just the ambient light. I just thought it was so cute, with the girls in their PJ's.

I'm over the sniffles now and back to work. The boss is out of town again, and I'm really busy. I'll blog again as soon as possible--the wildflowers are out in full force!

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!