10/14/15 (Saturday): Well, we're in NC now (Smithfield, which I think is not far from Raleigh). We're doing okay--the driving is very stressful because my arm gets tired. We're stopping frequently and ending the day early. It'll probably take us two more days at this rate. We're going directly to the preserve and leaving the RV, then we'll go stay with Wiley's folks for a week while we get physicals, go to the dentist and (for me) see the orthopaedist. We're scheduled to start on the 20th, but they're very flexible.

We had a hair raising experience yesterday. We pulled into Patapsco State Park around 4 PM and followed the sign to the campground, but we were confronted suddenly with a bridge too low for us to go under. We hadn't seen any signs at the entrance, but there we were about 1/4 mile down a curvy road with fairly heavy traffic! Bummer! We called the park office and they sent a ranger out to stop traffic. I had to back up the hill one handed around the curves! When I was almost to the end, a kind guy took it the rest of the way for me. I thought my arm was going to fall off! But I figured if I could do that one handed, I'm doing okay!

Here are some pics from our trip so far--the color was beautiful thru NY and PA, but it was still pretty green in MD. It's actually warm here in SC!

See everyone soon!




Sunrise at campground in PA



Hay wagon in field in PA















MD rest stop













View of our camper from restaurant window (MD)

1 comment:

Mark Leone said...

Good luck on the journey. It does sound pretty stressful. I hope you have time to relax when you arrive!

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!