10/2/06 (Monday): Well, no pictures tonight, but I'll post some random news and thoughts for all you adventure junkies!

We miss Monkey so much. Every time I come into the RV, I expect to hear her little greeting sound. When I'm lying on the couch reading, I miss her warm little body in my lap. Some kind person posted anonymously on the last blog that they made a donation in her name to the local cat shelter--wasn't that a kind thing to do?! I know we made the right decision, and I'm not wracked with guilt or anything, but I really do miss her!

We've been very busy putting the finishing touches on our new tile floor. I'll take a picture of it as soon as we finish. We're putting down shoe molding now. Wiley's a genius at cutting all those angles. I'll pat myself on the back, too, because I did a really nice job putting down the tile. The lines are all straight and it's a nice, tight fit.

The campground is not busy at all now. I take my book (and sometimes my laptop) to the office with me on work days. We've sold off most of our merchandise with our 40% off sale, so the store looks empty, too. Monday, 10/9, is our last day (and I only work 2 hours that day). The owners have invited us to dinner on the 5th, but we declined because Julie and John will be here and we'd rather do something with them. But that was very nice--they've already had a year-end celebration for us.

The weather is very cool here now. The high today was only 56 and it's only going to warm up to the lower 60's later this week. At night it's going down into the lower 40's--definitely sleep under the down comforter weather!

We're looking forward to Julie and John's visit. It'll give us a chance to re-do all the things we enjoyed the most before we leave. We'll probably pull out on 10/10 or 10/11 and head for FL. We're ready for some warm weather and seeing family and friends again!

1 comment:

Treader Lucie said...

Monkey was such a doll and such a major part of your lives for so long that it will take time to heal from her loss. I hope someday you find another kitty to love - not to take her place, which is of course impossible, but to help fill the space she left behind.

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!