5/13/07 (Sunday): Three days in a row--wow--I'm on a roll! Couldn't resist posting again, though, because it's been such an interesting day.

This morning we went into Traverse City and did some shopping and ran some errands. We took the scenic route home and just enjoyed the beautiful spring day.

While we were sitting at the table eating dinner, birds started appearing at our feeder. Lots of birds! The bird on the top feeder is a Baltimore Oriole, and on the bottom is a rose-breasted grosbeak.










I was playing around with the binoculars Darcie and Chris gave us for Christmas and took some photos. This is a downy woodpecker. We've also had the hairy woodpecker, which looks identical except it's much larger.









I had just put the binoculars away when I noticed a turkey stroll in the gates of the park!










It proceeded to walk right up to our camper and peer in the window at us (it was about 6 feet away from me!). That's the bottom frame of the window in the picture.







I continued to snap pics as it strolled the campground,









scratched at some patches of bare ground,









and even hunkered down and rested for a while! I've never seen anything like it--what a treat!


The pictures aren't great quality--I'm still practicing with holding the binoculars steady. But I thought you'd enjoy the colorful parade we enjoyed this afternoon (especially you, Dot).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad, Julie is not here to enjoy this!

UE

Joyce and Wiley said...

I think Julie can read my blog, but she can't post to it (or to her blog). I just helped her set up a new blog, which she can post to. Check it out and post a comment--she'd get a kick out of that: www.julieandjohninjava.blogspot.com

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!