10/5/07 (Saturday): Since we're leaving first thing tomorrow and may not have access to WiFi for a bit (and because Julie requested the information), here are our preliminary travel plans.
  • Start in Muskegon, MI
  • Take U.S. 31 south to I-196 to Holland, MI
  • At Benton Harbor, MI get on I-94 west
  • Go through Indiana on I-94
  • At Gary, IN, Cross I-65 (pick up I-80/I-94)
  • Stay on I-80
  • At Tinley Park, IL, take I-57 south
  • Kankakee, IL – 1st stop – KOA (2 nights)
- Visit Midewin National Tall Grass Prairie
  • Continue on I-57 south to Effingham, IL
  • Take I-70 west to Mulberry Grove, IL
  • Stay at Cedar Brook RV Park (1 night)
  • Continue on I-70 west
  • At East St. Louis, IL, take I-55/I-70
  • Take I-255 (outer beltway around St. Louis) into Missouri
- Possible tour of St. Louis
  • At other side of St. Louis take I-44 west
  • Stay at Ondaga Cave State Park in Leesburg, MO (2 nights)
- Visit Ondaga Cave
- Visit Meramec Caverns
  • Continue on I-44 west to Springfield, MO
  • Take U.S. Hwy. 65 south to U.S. Hwy west
- Wilson Creek National Battlefield
  • Take S.R. 380 back to I-44 west to Carthage, MO
  • Take U.S. 71 north (7 miles)
- Stay at Battle of Carthage State Historic Site?
  • Take U.S. 71 south back to I-44 west to Joplin, MO
  • Continue on I-44 into Oklahoma
Happy vicarious travels, everyone!

No comments:

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!