6/24/07 (Sunday): It's been a great week--we're still having fun. Today I worked in the store all afternoon on the cash register. So far, that's what I like the best. In my spare time, I've been playing with the reservation/registration software. It's pretty intuitive, but there are LOTS of details to remember.

Earlier this week, we went down to Pere Marquette Beach after work one evening. Wiley went out on the breakwater and fished and I sat on the beach and did some people watching. This lady was taking her blue and gold macaw for a walk!








Another guy was flying all these kites. They were all just tied in place and stayed up the whole time. Very pretty against the sky with the sun beginning to set.

Tonight was our bosses' 15th anniversary and all the workampers organized a little gathering for them. It's a great group! We had a little barbecue on the decck behind the store. Everyone brought meat to grill and a dish to share. I made potato salad. A very congenial group.

We've already worked our 5 days, but a couple of the workampers want time off next week, we we're working tomorrow, off Tues. and Wed. and then work Thurs. thru Sun. It's a little weird, but we're flexible.

That's it for tonight. Peace!

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a beautiful bird. I tried to see but couldn't tell -- was the bird on a "leash" or not? I never thought about walking one's bird but now I've seen everything.

Joyce and Wiley said...

No! The bird wasn't on a leash--Ii think its wings had been clipped, but it seemed very attached to its owner! I forgot to say that she said the bird (its name was "Sailor") said "hello" to all the seagulls, and seemed quite miffed when they didn't respond!

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!