6/3/07 (Sunday): I just returned from a short visit with my son,, Tom, and his family. I had a great time--even got to go back to school for a day (Anna's preschool). My grands are the greatest!

Just before I left for Ypsilanti, I had a troubling conversation with our boss. It seems he believed we'd signed up to be on call 7 days a week. I told him that we had requested to work part time. He thought that being on call and only performing tasks part of the time wasn't the same as working. I suggested a compromise where we'd be on call five days a week and off two. He accepted the compromise reluctantly, and I felt like we'd both be unhappy all summer, so I told him we'd leave if he'd rather, with no hard feelings. He said it was our choice, so I started looking for another place on Saturday. This morning I got a call from the KOA in Muskegon (about an hour south of here), and we accepted the job! We've given two weeks notice. I think we'll be even happier at the KOA than we were here in Frankfort. It's right on a lake and has lots of amenities we don't have here. We're sorry to leave and don't blame the owners. Their previous workampers have been happy to work like that.

So, it's a big change in some ways, but we think it was the best decision. We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thank you all for my nice welcome back. I really enjoy Joyce and Wiley's blog -- it's my way of traveling through someone else's eyes and comments make it seem like we're all sitting around the same campfire chatting. Yeah, I guess it sounds a bit corny but I do really enjoy your blog.

Joyce, I'm very happy you found another campground and it looks very nice. What good luck to find something in the area. Keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, you will be better off.

Uncle Ed & T

Joyce and Wiley

Joyce and Wiley
Our Home on Wheels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We took early retirement from careers as Executive Assistant (Joyce) and Lawn Care company owner (Wiley). We have been full-time RV'rs since March, 2006. We've taken our RV to Maine, Michigan, California, North Carolina and everything in between. We live in Florida in the winters and travel in the summers. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it!